Thursday, June 26, 2008

Little things

So I've been pretty busy the past week...busy, but nothing really to write about. That's because my life is an endless round of diaper changing & nursing & blowing raspberries on fat bellies & enforcing bedtime. Could be worse! However, here are some highlights:

Yesterday I was trying, for the 5th time, to put Dillon to sleep. This is not as easy as it used to be. He has taken a violent dislike to sleeping and fights it gum-and-toenail until he finally falls (literally...from one minutes to the next) into an exhausted coma. Anyway, as I say, I was putting Dillon to sleep. Noah was in the room supposed to be napping, but he was just playing around & keeping the baby awake, so I finally sent him out of the room to go play. He goes.
I emerge about 15 minutes later to the following: there are BABY CARROTS ALL OVER THE HOUSE. He has taken a Costco-sized bag of baby carrots & scattered them, like the sower, everywhere. I asked him why. This was his answer: "I was throwing them at Miu Miu!" Apparently he had chased that poor cat all over the house throwing carrots at her. I made him pick them all up, as well as the heap of Dillon's clothes that I found in the boys' room.

Noah has taken to saying the following, just randomly:
"Mama, you know I aways love deese times"

Also, he calls animals "Anmeals". Say it out loud. It sounds pretty funny.

I would also like to add that I am in love with my baby son. He is as fat as you'd ever want a baby to be and although he plagues the life out of me, he is so cute that I can't hold it against him. And he really loves his Mama. As well he should.

5 comments:

Jabberwocky said...

For some reason I can just picture Christopher running around, throwing carrots at Miu Miu, right along with Noah. :)

Amber said...

Too cute (and nuchie - we have adopted your unique pronunciation of the word naughty). I finally figured out how to post under my name and not Tory's! Ha!

Dossy and Bossy said...

Yay! You say nouchie and I say grunchie! We swap! Horray. I'm so glad you're posting.

Amber said...

We also say froni. The cousins must know what they are talking about when they discuss such things when they are older...

Michelle said...

how very nuchie.we tell that to our little bruder all too often,but he understands us and stops what he is doing.

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.