Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day

Tomorrow is Father's Day. I feel like I've been pretty blessed in the father department. I have 3 great fathers in my life that I'd like to rave about. The first is my own dad, Ezra. What a good father. I've always loved you more than all the other kids, Daddya, so I know you love me best too :) I have so many good memories of our lives together, having you sing us to sleep, and especially good times in Inokashira. I miss you, Daddya.
Daddy Chris, you've always been a wonderful father to us too. You are perfect for Mom, which makes me happy & helps me not to worry about her, and you've always shown us kids nothing but love. Also, you have a great laugh. ILY.
And lastly, my love & husband, Jeff. I can't write all I feel on this subject because it would take too long and I hear, even now, my little baby beginning to do the "you'd better get me quick cuz' I'm about to haul off & scream" cry while you serenade him with "Quack quack" (a big hit at our house). But I digress.
You, Beauty, are all the father I could ever have dreamed of or hoped for our children. We've been parents almost as long as we've been married...it's been a growing experience for both of us. I've seen you go through the "take this baby from me, I don't know what to do with it" stage, to the Call-the-grandparents-for-every-little-injury stage, and all sorts of stages inbetween. And you know what makes you so great? Not just that you're comfortable now with babies & know how to give toddlers their baths. It's that you love the kiddos so very much. You're as tender as a mother with them, and then you turn around & "fight and bite" Noah & let him "hop on Pop". You're just a natural, and you help me so much. I love you as a husband, but I love you just as much as the father of my children. Happy Father's Day.


7 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Father's Day, Dossy! We're so thankful that our grandkids have such a wonderful daddy!
We're trying this out to see if we can post & join in the fun!

King Freddy said...

Yes, I would have to say that Jeff is as awesome as I am. But just because we rock doesnt mean we're made of stone.

Larry said...

Dssy' have a wonderful father's day & give Bossy a big hug for me. Your D&B site is the greatest! Love to the whole family & come back to visit soon... G/P

Dossy and Bossy said...

Grandpa! Yay! Happy Father's day to you, too. SO glad you made it on the site. Big hug right back atchya.

DC, also great to hear from you. I don't forget that you helped me so much when I was an angst-filled teenager & gave me a sense of purpose by letting me do computer graphics for you. I have a lot to thank you for.

Freddy, just drink your six-pack.

Jabberwocky said...

Ok, so you did not love daddya the best. I did! (dammit!)... and DC as well. :)

That was the sweetest tribute to Jeff I've ever read.. MAKE SURE HE READ's IT.

And while I'm on a roll-- this blog is awesome. It's like an online family reunion. :) Even Grandpa is on it (love you you G/P!) I'm now, officially, jealous.

Chris said...

Actually "chris" is not only DC, but mom, too! So yes, we are having a big on-line reunion!! xxx

Jabberwocky said...

Yay! Momma's online too! we love you. :)

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.