Friday, June 6, 2008

blog name

So this is a story that you may find funny & which has a bearing on the name of this blog:
The other day I was outside pushing Noah & Dillon on the swing. Dillon went to sleep, as he often does, in his swing. Noah was keeping up an incessant stream of chatter and I was sort of blankly replying "Yes, yes" and half tuning him out, when I caught this gem:

"Mama, if we eat his booty, Dilly will wake up."

How true. Also, disturbing.

I strongly considered naming this blog "The Booty Eaters". However, I fear that if googled, it will attract the wrong sort of attention. I'm sure you agree.

10 comments:

crazynik said...

LMAO
YAY you started a blog...
I'm gonna link to you...is that ok?
xxxx
laf you haney

Dossy and Bossy said...

Yes, my dear, of course. So glad you like. More to come. Laf you too!

Jabberwocky said...

DOUBLE YAY! So excited that you have started a blog! :) I'll be your biggest fan.

Jabberwocky said...

btw... Ben & Jerry's is your sister Adrianne. :)

King Freddy said...

It is I, your brother.

Young Haagen has made a profound and astute observation. The immortal words of Signor Benedick spring to mind..."..his words are a very fantastical banquet, just so many strange dishes.."

Tory said...

Hurray! You're blogging. Maybe someday I'll do the same. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Dossy and Bossy said...

King Freddy, my son, you are strange and wonderful yourself. I'm highly gratified that my family is rallying round to support my blogging efforts. Thanks!

Amanda Rudow said...

Ooh!
Add another Family member to your reading tally.
I'm so excited to see you have a blog, as I'm sure the rest of the family will be when I tell them.

Can I link to you, too?

Lots of love to the boys and the man.
And I still think Booty-Eaters would make a fine blog title...

Jabberwocky said...

GAH! Update yer blog dammit! (I know, I know. I'm demanding.)

Dossy and Bossy said...

Amanda, I'm so glad you're reading. Of course you can link, I'd be so happy if you did! We must speak more. I enjoy yours, too.

Ben & Jerrys, patience. I have posted.

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.