Thursday, December 11, 2008

R.I.P, D.

It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my beloved friend & boon companion, Diet. He was with me for at least six months, constantly at my side, and, although exacting & a real pain in the ass sometimes, at least made me feel really good when I followed his advice. With his help, I was going places. I had plans for a whole new life, not to mention wardrobe.
Sadly, it was not to be. Tragedy struck over Thanksgiving, ending his young life before it was hardly begun. Reports differ as to the actual cause of death, but it seems that he may have been crushed by...I weep as I write....thousands of pounds of turkey and cranberry sauce. Candied yams may have also been involved and are under investigation.
We have kept him on life support now for the past 3 weeks, waiting in agony to see if he will pull out of it & return to us, but we are past hope. He is dead & cannot be revived. I will be pulling the plug this weekend, supported by my friends, Starbucks and Pastries. Dessert has promised to follow shortly afterward.
Services will be held at the Church of Our Lady of Obesity. No flowers, please.

5 comments:

Jabberwocky said...

well, I just spat out my coffee i was laughing so hard. Thanks for that (keyboard thanks you too).
I've had a similar death in the family as well, so I sympathize. We will mourn together my dear. You for your darling diet, & I for my adored gym.

crazynik said...

LMAO
That was too good. Maybe we can pray for small miracles of resurrection after the holiday season?

Amber said...

Laughing so hard.... Suz - you should write a book.

Dossy and Bossy said...

Thank you my dears. After I wrote this I felt that perhaps a resurrection may have been in the offing, but due to events beyond my control this weekend, (and also due to baked goods), it seems it is not to be. :(

Teacup said...

Heheh, love this! I can just picture it on fridge magnets. :)

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.