Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Copperlasion Station

The following conversation, which, in the words of the immortal Dave Barry, I SWEAR I am not making up, occurred the other evening. Noah had his helicopter and was "flying" it around in the air, saying in a montone voice to himself:

Copperlasion. Copperlasion. Copperlasion. Copperlasion.

Me: What’s a copperlasion?

Noah: It’s like a mergency.
Like a flu, or a challenge, or a flower bed.
Pause....
Which one?

Me, struggling not to laugh: Probably the flu.

Another thoughtful pause, and then the flying resumes:

Copperlasion: the flu. Copperlasion: the flu. Copperlasion: the flu.

In other news:
Dillon is going to be a plumber when he grows up. In fact, he thinks he's one now. The kid has an unnatural fascination with toilets, and specifically, splashing in toilet bowl water. We have to literally lock all the doors to the bathrooms of the house so he can't open the door & start his water play. But it's not only the water: he also likes to "inspect" the different toilet fixtures, try to turn the knobs, flush the toilet, etc. He's just all-round fascinated. I can't tell you how many times I've realised all of a sudden that it's suspiciously quiet and have made a beeline for the toilet to find him guiltily jerking up from a toilet bowl, sleeves and hands & face all wet, with a big joyous smile on his face. Or maybe he just enjoys watching Mom become a screaming, jabbering idiot, yelling, "GROSSIE! GROSSIE! No no Dilly!" over & over.
(Grossie alert: do not read on if you want to keep your supper down):
A true story: one day I had been taking a shower, so I had him in his walker in our large bathroom to keep him out of trouble where I could see him. Jeff & I were looking at something for, I swear, only like 30 seconds, and we look over to Dillon & see the following: the toilet bowl is open & hadn't been flushed after the last...shall we say....number 1. Dillon, who had opened it, is sitting beside it contentedly, sort of splashing his hands around on the tray of his walker, which, as we look closer, contains a USED PEE TISSUE, considerably disintigrated, and he is SUCKING ON SOMETHING which turns out to be another portion of this tissue. I just about had a stroke. Had to monitor his vital signs for a couple hours.

Can anyone say EWWWW?

And on that note, have a wonderful Tuesday.

9 comments:

Jabberwocky said...

Ewwwwwwww! Though, in hindsight, didn't mom catch you (or perhaps it was Niki) merrily chowing down on a siblings poo from the potty [most likely mine]? Suppose it runs in the family. :)

Dossy and Bossy said...

Well, I don't know if there was more than 1 'incident', but she caught me playing with my own poop. Big difference from that and eating someone elses'!

King Freddy said...

Hmm, Noah may need an intervention.

If everyone is very good, I'll tell you the bedtime story about the time I sleep-peed in a water bottle, then woke up 2 hours later and took several swigs from the same water bottle.

Dossy and Bossy said...

You are one sick piggy, my friend. It is you who needs the intervention, or perhaps the aid of a sleep clinic. Several swigs?? SEVERAL? Couldn't you tell? Was alcohol involved?

crazynik said...

I WAS NEVER CAUGHT eating poop...lol
I am pure and innocent.
Aww I miss the nephews!

King Freddy said...

The first swig was intensely nutty and slightly bitter, like almonds or popcorn. I had been eating popcorn earlier in the evening. I remember thinking that the water didnt taste stellar, but in my sleep-addled state it didnt register.

Jabberwocky said...

God Freddy. SO GROSS! OMG!! (though I admit, I heard the pee-in-a-bottle story before, but somehow managed to block it out of my brain). Thanks for the refresh.

King Freddy said...

Youre such a good writer suz, I've read this several times and it makes me laugh.

Dossy and Bossy said...

Thank you my dear. This is very encouraging.

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.