Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hello, all. Merry Christmas! I've been pretty busy for the past few days, baking, etc. Never a dull moment! We're not going to have anyone over this year, just us to cook for, but it seems to be quite a lot of work nonetheless. What have we been making? Last night we did a cookie baking marathon, doing chocolate chip, oatmeal, and Christmas cookies. The Christmas cookies we got as a present from Frank & Kara last year....the mix only, of course. They came with these neato little decorating boxes full of sugar sprinkles, all different colors and shapes...just the sort of thing that is meat and drink to a 3 year old. Well, we started to bake & opened the bag, and it seems that in the year that the thing sat on our shelf it had gone sort of rancid or something...didn't smell good. Did that stop us? Oh no. We rolled, sprinkled & baked every last one of those things. Noah keeps eating them when I'm not looking & says they taste really good. Hmmm. What a good mother I am. We (Noah & I) also baked an apple cake for tomorrow. (12/26 update: this cake turned out SPECTACULARLY bad. I am throwing it away today.)

Speaking of Noah: he's been full of funnies this morning. In the spirit of sharing at Christmas, here they are:

(We were in the bathroom, talking about this and that. Noah had made this little paper wreath at church last Sunday and we put it up prominently in the living room, and since we know he likes attention, Jeff has several times said to him, "Who made that beautiful wreath? Who?" and he always says, "Me"!)
So Noah says: "Daddy needs to stop asking me who made that wreath. He keeps asking and asking and I telled him so many times." (I laughed so hard...he must think Jeff is an idiot who can't remember a thing.)

I gave Noah a little pukka shell neclace and he uses it as a cowboy rope for some reason. He was prancing around the living room pretending to be a cowboy & I asked him, "Cowboy Noah, will you rope in those diapers all over the living room and put them up for me?" He sort of struck a pose and then said in this weird accent: "AT YOUR SERVANT!" And picked them all up.

After doing the above, he wanted to tell me a story. This is it in it's entirety:
"Once upon a time there was a girl named Julie. And her had a wife. And her had her Christmas stuff out. And her wife went into the woods, and there were monsters and tigers and lions and cheetahs there. And then a cowboy came to save her….me! And then I got her and then once I got her and next her wife and they went home. That’s the end of my story.
Once upon a time, the naughties in the forest came to their house & knocked out the door (sound effects)…and they opened the door & they runned away. And then they went and get a fork to sword them. And then then they said “Hmm, this is the wrong one”. And they went & got spoons and they didn’t know what to do about their spoons & forks to sword the naughties. And guess who came? Cowboy Noah. And he fight those naughties away. "

Merry Christmas all. May God bless and keep you from the naughties, or if not, may you have a Cowboy Noah to fight for you. Or failing that, a good fork or spoon.

P.S: A prize to the person who can come up with the best title for the above story. My submission is: "Brokeback Mountain II: Cowboy Noah, the lesbians, and the silverware."

3 comments:

Amber said...

LOL! Those were priceless! Thanks for sharing!

Jabberwocky said...

now that was priceless!! I read it to Greg and we laughed and laughed. Given the fact I have 2 "naughties" in my house (Sasha & new kitty Zoe), I will look into sharpening my forks and spoons for some swording later on.

We lahv you haney, merry, MERRY christmas. May god bless us all, everyone. :)

Michelle said...

I laughed my brains out when I read that. Merry Christmas to you all!

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.