Monday, September 29, 2008

Weighty Matters

So last week, I hit a 10 lb weight loss, the first real "celebration station" since consciously deciding to modify my Ms. Piggy status & diet for real. This is as opposed to wishing & hoping that you'll be like all those people who told you, "Oh, honey, don't worry, you'll just lose all sorts of weight when you nurse...you can eat anything you want! I just horked anything down when I was nursing and STILL lost so much weight they had to hospitalize me! Giggle!" ....and then you go and eat your weight in chocolate & wonder why you can't pull your fat jeans over your dimpled thighs. I'm not bitter.
So...anyway, rejoice with me, I have lost the pounds that I had found. Some of them anyway. It's a good start. I've been exercising at least 1/2 an hour every day on our precore machine &, you know, just trying to do the salad thing & stay away from the Evil Sweets of Satan.
On a related note...it's funny, but I'm feeling better and better about myself and my body as it begins to look worse & worse. When I was in my early 20s and just about as beautiful as I'll ever be, I was INCREDIBLY self-conscious & had all sorts of self-loathing. And now I look back at those pics & say, WHAT WAS I THINKING? It's sad, really. There was so much mileage there that I never used. And now that I'm wrinkled and sagged and completely unrecognizable to my old friends, I feel quite good about myself. Ha. I think I still look hot sometimes. Not because anybody but my husband tells me this, I just believe it. I think this is actually a step in the right direction for a Rudow girl.
And no, I will not post a before and after picture. I'm not THAT confident.

5 comments:

Jabberwocky said...

Hip Hip Hurray! Good for you haney. This is certainly cause for celebration. It is HARD to loose weight, and you're doing an awesome job of exercising and doing it the HEALTHY way!! Keep it up. :)
It is funny how we some to lose the self-loathing (at least a little) as we grow up huh? as they say.. youth is wasted on the young.

Jabberwocky said...

correction.. *seem to lose, not "some to lose" from my post above. I think I'm still a little drunk from the weekend. can't type, or spell, today.

crazynik said...

lol...yay for you. We'll celebrate when I see you!
I have to agree about the Evil Sweets of Satan. After moving down away from bountiful land of plenty USA to Mexico I quit eating ice cream (sob), as the stuff down here is nasty most of the time, and found some pounds magically melting away.
Sugar's always been a downfall for us Rudow girls, I think.
I lahf you haney

Babylove said...

You girls are so strong & have so much self control it's crazy. I couldn't diet like you do, exercise like you do...either of you. I'm a total lazy fart! Once I stop nursing (and not get pg again, which will happen this time) I'll finally get all my weight that I deserve, since the sad truth is I suck at exercising & I'm only keeping it together cuz' of nursing. ha ha!!

Good for you, Suzy! It is true about youth wasted on the youth. Why weren't we all walking @ in the nude?

Dawnie said...

Well, Suz, I have to agree with you that we were so hot & we just didn't know how to work it. Now all I have to say is, Confidence IS hot! So you rock, girl!

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.