Friday, March 12, 2010

Re: Nothing

So....a minor miracle. ALL my progeny are sleeping! AT THE SAME TIME! RIGHT NOW! It's never happened before, in the daytime. Of course, I'm so excited that I keep running into the room, checking to make sure they continue to sleep, and that the baby doesn't wake up & start growling or something & wake the others up, that unfortunately I cannot do anything productive with the time. But it's AWESOME, all the same.
I hope you're having a great Friday. We're having some lovely spring weather here, in Waco, and there are flowers blooming in our never-been-mowed backyard. They're weed flowers, of course, but they're the same kind of weed flowers that we had in Japan, and it evokes many good memories of making weed-flower crowns as a child. Ah, bliss. Spring seems to be making an appearance. For me, all seasons start out with a sort of a deep satisfaction & excitement....when it's winter I'm so pleased to pull on my long sleeves and sweaters, and when it's spring I relish the feeling of the wind & sun on my fish-belly-white arms. It gives me a feeling of renewal, you know? And then in a few weeks I get sick of it & start bitching about the humidity. But for now, I'm happy!
Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Amanda Rudow said...

Yay for sleeping childrens. Spring's coming out here too, the sakura blooming unabashedly even after being snowed on.

Lady Jo said...

ha! I love reading your blog...when you find time to post. We're just going into Autumn here and I'm happy for the cool as well.

James Rudow said...

OMG I love your attitude about life... What a champ! You've got it, gal, and your kiddos are going to have it. The amazing thing is to see it magnified a thousand fold in your offspring.... that's the Real PAYOFF! Whoa! You talk about interest! Ganbaro!

I love you, Suz,
Love, Daddiya

Jabberwocky said...

Yay for spring, and sleeping childrens. :) We missed you haney this weekend.

Dossy and Bossy said...

thanks all...you know, it really is rewarding to hear feedback from people who read. It's like getting snail mail..it's a surprise & a delight. Thanks, Daddiya...I shall strive to live up to your good opinion of me. Love you all!

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.