Friday, March 19, 2010

Mother of the Year

So...I must relate a story here that will do me no favors, but it's too good and weird to pass up.

Yesterday we had kind of a big day, for us. I took the car & dropped Jeff off & then we went out to the park later on. Nice day, nice park, nice time. We were there for probably 2 hours or so. Then we came home & the baby had to be put to bed, and then I had to make dinner, etc, etc, ad nauseum, and throughout I kept thinking every little while: "I have to change Dillon". But I would get busy with something else and I didn't. (Alright, competent mothers, here's the part where you can pat yourself on the back at my expense. I do say, members of the jury, in my own defense, he didn't have poop on. No. MUCH WORSE. )

So after he's had the same diaper on for about 6 hours or so, I finally changed him. This is what I found in his diaper:


ROCKS!!! And not, like, poop rocks. ACTUAL GEOLOGICAL ROCKS. A whole, oh, let's say...2 handfulls. At first I DID think they were poop, but no. He had somehow gotten a load of rocks into his pants at the park and had had them in his diaper for hours. I mean, think about the implications. He sat in his car seat as we rode home from the park, ate dinner with them there, play time, everything. The things were IMBEDDED in his butt. And he never said a word!

And yet he complains bitterly when he has a poop on, and won't sit on it or anything.

Sometimes I wonder about that child.

Sometimes I wonder about myself.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haney, this made me laugh so hard. You tell it so well. I cannot fathom how Dillon was okay with the pound of pebbles in his diaper. I suspect that he put them there himself, and that he either was afraid to be scolded, or he actually enjoyed the shiatsu-massage-like qualities of rocks in the crotch.

Jabberwocky said...

oh my god. I am crying I am laughing so hard. susanna. SUSANNA! WRITE A F*CKING BOOK ABOUT THIS STUFF. You write so well. Sorry to yell at you.. but really, enough already!

Dossy and Bossy said...

Ha ha ha. I'm laughing so hard at your comment, Chris. I confess that the humor of it sort of half escaped me in the horror of the inital situation. And my dear Adie, I am laughing with you. Thank you for your encouragement...I am working on something presently. Will it be readable for the GP? Who knows. But you always make me feel good about my efforts, and it puts a spring in my step. So thank you!

James Rudow said...

Honey, you have to write something... honestly, I was on the floor too. Incredibly hilarious, but it's your tongue and cheek delivery that does it. You have got a gift.

Use it!

ILY....

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.