Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In closing

I can't resist one last thought for the day:

So I'm reading online this A.M before we leave to CA, and came across this gem in an article about how this guy has changed since becoming a Dad:

"Since Kate’s birth, I categorize all things in life into two categories: Things That Can Kill the Baby and Things That Cannot Kill the Baby. Open jug of bleach? Category one. Angry boss? Category two. By dealing with ultimate peril, you are much more calm and collected about all the other nonsense."

Today, when a client goes apes**t or you lose a file that you've been working on for days, ask yourself, "Will this kill the baby?" And if not, you're good to go. See how much better you feel?

1 comment:

Jabberwocky said...

what an excellent article. I wonder. does a new kitty have the same effect as a baby? a little?? :)

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.