Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloweenie

So, friends and foes, it's been quite awhile. But oh my god we're back again, like the Backstreet Boys, except we're not original, yeah......oh brother.
What have I been doing, you ask? I have been hosting a relay-type family reunion at our house! Fun! First Mom came for a week, as duly posted below, and then Amber & Steven & co. came for about 2 weeks, and lastly Nikki's here, finishing up her 2 week vacation! Good times. We've done the El Paso rounds for the rellies, with the highlights being Old Messilla & the world's best breakfast buffet they have there in the haunted "Double Eagle" old-world restaurant...shopping expeditions with Amber & Mom, Starbucks, Scrabble games, movies, etc. FUN!
We took Noah & Dillon our churchs' "Trunk or Treat", which has been a fun, wholesome Halloween gathering in the past, but this time was more trunk than treat...there were so many people there that you couldn't make the rounds of people's trunks to get any candy! Thank God Jeff brought, like, a garbage bag full of candy home from work, or we would've missed out on the requisite "Halloween 10lb Weight Gain" that comes the morning after the "Halloween Trip to the Emergency Room for the Stomach Ache & Diarrhoea From Hell" which, in turn, comes after the "Halloween Candy Pig Out Because They're Really Just These Little Fun Sized Candies So I'll Have Another".
The kids were SO CUTE! Look at the pics & see for yourself.

1 comment:

Dawnie said...

Yes, reminds me of the nice little prayer my mom used to recite as a child after going trick or treating: Now I lay me down to sleep with a bag of candy at my feet, if I should die before I wake, you know I died of a belly ache.
Heh.

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.