Thursday, August 19, 2010

Update

So Kia fixed our DVD player, just in time for our marathon drive to and from California. Yay! I'll tell you, now that it works, that thing is worth it's weight in GOLD. Even the baby will watch it & it helps a little with entertaining her, which is priceless.
We literally did something, an outing, etc, every day that we were in California, which means that we burned the candle at both ends and ended up sick at the end of the trip...but it was worth it. Had really fun times and made really good memories.
When I can get the pics uploaded to the computer I will post a travelogue.

And now I must continue with the myriad preparations for handing my beloved first born son over to strangers to keep for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week....a process otherwise known as getting ready for school. I find it so disconcerting to think that for the first 5 years of his life he was mine, but now everything in those 7 hours he's away I will have no control over. I have no say in the cirriculum or the rules that he will have to abide by...I don't even know what really goes on in a kindergarten class, because I never attended traditional school myself.

Are we freaking out, preciousss? Yesss. We Is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed! DVD players in Van's are the bomb! Major congrats to Noah, wow time flies. Kindergarten is a lot of fun, they teach all the beginning stuff like A,B,C's, blends, counting, shapes & sizes etc. There is also good old "Circle time",Recess,field trips, snacks and more. the first week or so is always adjustment, of course, but once kids get used to it they have a blast and LOVE it!
All the best!

Jabberwocky said...

Yay for DVD players, and long trips to see loved ones (me!) I thought my 6 hour drive to LA was long.... yeeeesh! It was so good seeing you and the kiddies haney... and don't stress too much over Noah's big first day. He's a smart kiddo and I'm sure he'll do great! :)

Dossy and Bossy said...

Thank you, all, for your kind words. Actually Noah just got back from his 1st day at school and says, quote: School is awesome.
So that takes care of that.
He said he made 'first contact' with several possible friends. I'm so proud of him.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's so cool! He looks like a smart kid, I am sure he will do great!! I just got a job working as a Kindergarten teacher and its so much fun, I Love it!
Best of luck to you and him!

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.