Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Of Cabbages and Kings, and why Texas is Boiling Hot, and Whether the Farking Kia People Are Going to Fix My DVD Player Already

So first things first: BOOTS! In July! I am a shoe (word that rhymes with chore), and recently we were out at a mall in Austin and we found this TERRIFIC store. It's a Dillards (like Macys, for you California folk), and Dillards is not usually a store I shop in, because it's frikkin expensive and has very few sales. However, the merchandise is really high-end & desirable. So we found this funky little mall that has a clearance Dillards...like a Ross exploded in it. There's just racks and racks of stuff that is on a final sale, like 70 to 80% off. And guess what I found??? Behold:


These are a brand called "Sofft"...and they are soft! And comfortable! And my humongous size! And black! And just $50! They usually sell for over $200. I had to share my joy with you. Adrianne, I expect a congratulatory comment. Also, Mom, Amber and Melinda. Remaining other sisters, you may or may not, as you do not share a size with us and Sasquatch.

Next: We are gearing up for our annual trip to California. Yay! When we first moved out of CA, we went back as much as 3 times per year. It's down to one time, now, as finances permit. But we are going! And sadly, our DVD system in the new Kia, which was purchased with precisely this kind of trip in mind, is not working. We have had the people who installed it out to fix it twice now. I am full of righteous indignation over this, and have all the customer service people bowing low in shame to me. As they should. If they can't fix it, I may have to make them upgrade the system or give us a new van. Sigh. I will let you know the outcome.

But, you know, BOOTS!! Life is worth living, after all.

5 comments:

Amber said...

The force is strong with this one! Bargin shopping good at, she is!

BOOTS! Hurray!

Jabberwocky said...

ooooh la LA! LOVE the boots, dahling! Especially the buckle detail. very CHIC! (pronnunced CHICK, as only I can say it. heh)

Fall is right around the corner, or at least this is what we will keep telling ourselves, and the boots will be GORGEOUS then!

King Freddy said...

Congrats on finding shaped dead cow skins that fit your titanic metatarsals!
I seem to remember that your DVD player was installed by a local company? Perhaps there was a reason it was so cheap. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Amanda Rudow said...

Grrr!!! Those are beautiful boots and I envy you. I own exactly three pairs of non-sneaker shoes and they're being worn down to the last frayed thread. I may only be a size 10, but that's still Abominable Snowman size here in midgetville. GRRR I SAY.

King Freddy said...

Post pics of your California Vacation!! Pretty please?

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.