Friday, July 31, 2009

My biggest son just had his birthday on the 23rd. I can believe that he's 4, having lived the last four years spending every moment with him, but I can't believe how big he's grown. He almost is really that big boy that he believes himself to be. But also still my baby. He asks SO many questions...this must be that phase that you hear about, and it irks me sometimes, but I'm also proud to see how inquisitive his little mind is & how intelligent. He works out the most amazing things on his own. I tell him often what I write now: that I always knew I would have him, that I used to dream of having a blonde boy years before I ever knew I would have children, and that he's my most special big boy. God gave him to me and I'm so proud of the way he's growing & learning.
Enjoy the pics below:
After fielding about 20 questions a day as to when his birthday was, I created a calendar on his whiteboard & he put his little magnets on each day until the day of the blessed event. This is him on his big day, putting the last magnet on.

Awww, happy boy with his presents.

We recycled the Spiderman bag from last year (thanks, Grandma!) and he was thrilled. Notice Dillon Redpants in the background, taking a small break from earnestly trying to get all the balloons off the walls.


Noah playing with the birthday gifts. The camera was probably his biggest gift, and he really likes it. The toys at his feet are the Disney "Tarzan" toys, courtesy of E-bay!

In the water at "Surfin' USA", or the Wet N' Wild Waterpark, with friends Ethan & Zach...his fondest wish come true.

Oops...didn't turn this one sideways. Opening a final gift from his friends, a T-ball set & glove. Thank you, Marsden family!

Jeff holding the jury-rigged pinata while Noah takes a swing. Jeff acknowledges the retarded way his feet are positioned, but agrees with me that this is the best picture we have of Noah & the pinata. So deal. :)
Thank you, family members who called/sent e-cards! Noah appreciated & liked it! We love you!

3 comments:

Amanda Rudow said...

SO sorry I wasn't one of those family members! If Noah understands, please tell him Happy Belated Birthday for me.

And Happy Birthday to you, too!

xoxo

Stephen said...

Happy Birthday Suzy!
You’re the best!
I can’t help but wonder if this is appropriate or if I am making some sort of ‘blogger boo boo’ that will follow me through the years? I can hear my children referring to it at my wake after I’m gone ’Remember that time when dad just totally posted, like, a birthday wish on Suzie’s blog for her birthday, but posted it on the post that was totally, like, for Noah’s birthday (whose birthday he like, totally forgot)….OMG it was like, soooo embarrassing….’
Seriously …Happy Birthday Suzy! Hope this year is the best yet!

Dossy and Bossy said...

Amanda, please don't worry about it...there's so many of us we can't all keep track of all the kids & inlaws and outlaws, etc. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Stephen: Not a boo boo, you're fine! If your kids give you a hard time in later years, you should direct your older child's memory toward some of her own blogging choices, including my personal favorite, "Hot heartthrobs.com", which I imagine is coming up in all kinds of google searches that you as a parent don't want to know about. :) Thanks for the kind words, we miss you!

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.