Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th and Miscellany: a pictoral montage


Jeff, barbequeing on the 4th



Nice!


Don't our backyard look fine? Jeff has been taking good care of it in hopes that it will sell our house faster.


A very pregnant Suz preparing other good things for the 4th BBQ


Our annual trip to Western Playland amusement park, and Dillion's first time on the rides.


Happy boys. Noah rode with Dillon on every kiddy ride...a necessary precaution, because Dilly will take it into his head to literally climb out of his chair at any given moment.


Riding a yellow vintage car is serious business.


Look at me, Mom! No hands!


And brother held his hand for the rest of the ride. What is more astounding (and sweet) is that Dilly let him. They really do love each other.


Not too sure about this ride.


Here come the fireworks! Get ready....get set...


GO!!!!


A word on this pic: last year Adrianne visited us for the 4th and I posted a, perhaps, not so flattering picture of her on that date. Well, in the spirit of fair play, aunty Adie, go ahead & laugh at this one. Even though I look as retarded as they come, it was so good I couldn't pass it up.

Our handsome pickle

Proof positive that Dillon is my son: he loves to put my shoes on & prance around. Any shoes, actually. And you've gotta love the pose!

Pictured here with Noah's shoes on, and VERY pleased about it.

Daddy with a big old grin & glasses on. Jeff & I both recently had to have glasses made for reading...getting old.

I woke one morning & this was the first thing I saw in the living room. Can you say AWWW with me? I love this photo.

An action shot on the 'Slip & Slide', a terrific & free way to spend our 100+ degree El Paso days.

"Man, that's gotta hurt"

What's with the hand?
And below, a little day-in-the-life story of brotherly interaction. We'll call it "For the Love of the Vaccuum Cleaner":

"Whaaaa! Brother has the vaccuum cleaner that I covet more than life itself! Whaaa! I'm a brat!"

"I shared! There, aren't you proud of me? Aren't I the best boy on the face of the earth? Isn't Dilly the naughiest?"

"Ahhhh. I got what I wanted. All is peace on earth...at least for the next 20 seconds until I see something else I want".
The end.

Our handsome boy posing in his pyjamas. We love you all & hope you had a good 4th of July!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a fun 4th! I know what you mean about the little one getting up out of the rides, I am always freaked Alyssa will do that too because she hates to be strapped in anywhere! Love that awesome slip n slide...too fun! Hope you guys are doing well!

King Freddy said...

My, what a fine looking yard. Have you put your house on the market?

Sarah Mawhinney said...

Based on the video from last year and the pics from this year, I'm going to guess that Noah LOVES fireworks!

Jabberwocky said...

haha, haha. I have had my revenge (well, you posted the pic, but you know what I mean.. heh!) Yes, the photo you posted of me last year was VERY TRAUMATIZING, and I still have nightmares about it to this day, but seeing your photo made me feel just a tad bit better. This means I can cut down on my medication, which is a good thing. so, thank you.

on another note, the other photos you posted are just AWESOME! the boys are so cute, and you look lovely. Jeff looks very studious and handsome in his glasses btw! :)

Dossy and Bossy said...

Kara: Good to hear from you. Yes, we both share a commonality: a demon child who is absolutely unafraid.
Yes, Freddy, we put the house up for sale about 2 months ago. Although we love it, we're really hoping it sells soon because it's just too much for us right now.
Sarah: you're right, it's one of his foremost joys in life.
Aunty Adie: Thank you for your kind words & confirmation that I look like a rider of the short yellow bus.

King Freddy said...

Every time I go on your blog I have those bbq wings staring me in the face. I desire them greatly. Give them to me.

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.