Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby update:

Yes, friends, I am still pregnant. I feel like I should have delivered by now...like I've been pregnant as long as an elephant, which I understand gestates for over 5 years. Or something. Also, I begin to greatly resemble the elephant. But I digress.
I am 37 weeks pregnant, or 9 months (for the uninitiated). Biology lesson: most people carry their babies until about the 40th week, and then segue into labor and delivery in a natural, drug-and-hospital fest, with nice, compact, 6 or 7 lb babies to show for their pains. My family: not so much. All of us, my mother & older sister & I, ROUTINELY carry babies until they are ready for kindergarten or have at least grown hair long enough to be put into a pony tail. This is a big problem for doctors these days, who can't seem to understand that to us, a 12 lb baby with wrinkled, stained skin from swimming around in it's own meconium (poop) for a couple weeks is par for the course. (Hey, childbirth is not for the faint of heart.) So I don't really have a chance in hell of delivering naturally, because in order for it to be natural, I would go into labor about a month after my due date and my doctor would be medically disbarred or whatever they do to them. So all this to say, I'm almost certainly going to have to be induced.
But maybe not, she says with false enthusiasm! Because I found out that young Zoe has, in the immortal words of the poet, done the hokey pokey & turned herself around, but it is NOT what it's all about at all, because she is now breech. All of which to say, I may be having a scheduled C-section in the next 2 weeks unless she decides to turn again. I will find out this next Thursday and keep you posted.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe she's breech! Just like Jennie huh? I'll keep my fingers crossed that she will turn around! Hope she comes soon!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your delivery Suzy--love ya!

Jabberwocky said...

LOL. well, I for one laughed at this post. You really SHOULD WRITE A BOOK on motherhood or something. You are such a great writer my dear! Fingers crossed that young Zoe gets ants in her pants and decides to do a final flip (right side up please) prior to d-day. love you haney!

King Freddy said...

I have sacrificed 100 goats to Juno in hopes of an easy and safe delivery.

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.