Sunday, May 3, 2009

Good Parenting 101

For your Monday:

Jeff & I are such great parents that I would like to post here an anecdote that illustrates this. And when I say that we are great parents, I mean that we are often NOT AT ALL great parents. And when I say Jeff and I, I, of course, mean Jeff. Consider:

The following is a lovely rhyme that my husband has imparted to the impressionable brain of our eldest son:

"Once upon a time when the moon was green
Around the corner came a pooping machine.
A shot was fired, a scream was heard,
A man got killed by a flying turd"

Noah doesn't fully understand the verbiage and sings it this way:

"Once upon a time when the moon was green
Around the corner came a pooping machine."

(so far so good, pooping is something any child worth his salt understands. However, the rest sort of deviates:)

"An old man got killed by a turtle"
"ha ha ha ha ha ha ha"

The end.

2 comments:

King Freddy said...

HAHAHAHA! This is, quite possibly, the most awesome poem I have ever read.

Jabberwocky said...

LOL. This sounds like something that would come from the mind of our friend, king Freddy. I guess the insanity runs in the family. :)

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.