Wednesday, March 18, 2009

70% of the substance of things hoped for

So we went to the gyno today for my 2nd ultrasound....and incidentally, to also find out what we're 'having'. No biggie. I wasn't excited or nervous at all....I just happened to not sleep very well last night.
So they do the whole song and dance of ensuring that every part of the fetus is grainy black and white, all the while pointing out things like..."And as you can see, here is the left femur. Oh wow, what cute toes on the right foot." And as parents you're sitting there going, "oh yes, oh yes" and thinking, "that looks like a really bad copy of a black and white impressionist painting". Oh but seriously...I was that parent with Noah, but I have become older and wiser in my time. I am able to intelligently converse with the technician on things like cleft palate, spinal bifida, and the four chambers of the heart. Our baby is 6 ounces, seems to be on schedule growth wise, and is 70% a girl. At least that's the percentage the lady gave us. "It" very obligingly opened it's little legs for us to see, and we didn't see anything, if you catch my drift. So nothing equals girl.
We'll know for sure in a few weeks. Excuse me while I go physically restrain Jeff from jumping in the car to purchase the entire stock of the children's girl department in Macys against the upcoming arrival.

2 comments:

Jabberwocky said...

LOL! I can totally see Jeff buying up the entire girl's department of Macy's!!! I'm sooooo excited for you both! Yippie!

crazynik said...

YAY!!!! Fingers crossed it is a girl. Congrats hun xx

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.