Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Quote of the Day

" The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating - in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up & parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life. "
--Anne Morris

If you don't know who Anne Morris is, it's because she's just a person from New York who drinks Starbucks, and the above quote is off of my vanilla latte this morning. But isn't it great? I think that I have never heard anything quite like it, and I wish someone had told me this about 10 years ago, it would have saved me a lot of heartache.
It's amazing how true it is....how we all have that "internal critic", some more than others, which tells us that our fears are just rational hesitation, when in fact they are almost always just our own cowardice & inability to let go of what we have now to make the leap, or commitment, to something new.
I would like to challenge myself and you today to commit to something you have been on the fence about, and not let your mind convince itself that it's too dangerous. It's almost always worth it, I've found. And Anne is right...it's VERY liberating.

1 comment:

Jabberwocky said...

who knew that coffee could be so full of wisdom?! BEST quote I've heard in a very long while. :)

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.