Monday, January 26, 2009

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water....

Well hello there. I know I've been very remiss with the blog, but I have (what I think) is a pretty good excuse: I'm pregnant again. Dealing with that wonderful ol' morning sickness & trying to figure out how to wean Dillon off of his drug of choice, boo. (That's boob, for the uninitiated.) I found out quite a while ago actually, but wanted to wait before announcing it on this blog. But I think it's time....of course, many of you know already. Thanks for your support! I felt like such a fool when I found out, as I had been blythely putting it about that we were "done" with having more kids, etc. Well, like they say, life is what happens when you're busy making plans. And at the risk of offending the Gods again, we ARE done this time. Which is why I'll thank you to put your prayers, good thoughts, & positive energy toward hoping with Jeff & I that this one is a girl, if for no other reason than that I will never again have to hear Jeff's plaintive, "What are we going to do with the $6000 wedding dress* I bought you if we don't have a girl? Who am I going to sing these sappy father/daughter country tear jerkers to if we don't have a girl?"
Seriously, I would like to have a girl. Very much. Which almost certainly means we're having another boy. But I'll keep you posted.

*(Editors note: I bought the dress. But for some reason he persists in thinking he did. It's an on-going discussion.)

3 comments:

Jabberwocky said...

Well, naturally the $6000 wedding dress will come to ME if this one is a boy. heh.

Congratulations HANEY! Be it a boy or girl, it will be adorable, and most importantly, loved.

I will however (sacrificially) put aside my lust for your stunning wedding dress, and will root for a girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Awe Congratulations Suzy, I will pray its a girl..I totally agree, boy or girl it will be adorable..I will be praying for your pregnency.

Aimee said...

Congrats on the new pregnancy.
I hope you get a girl. Just sip diet coke all day like I did, it really helps to get the "air" out. I hope morning sickness goes away soon.
PS-- Thanks for your nice words on my blog. At least I still have good friends to care about, now that mom's gone. You realize how precious people's lives are.

Eat every 2 hours. ha.

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.