Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Dillon!

So Dilly had his 1st birthday on the 8th of this month. The problem of having a birthday on January 8th, is, of course, that everyone is broke & worn out with much partying. We were trying to decide what to do for Dilly and we ended up just having a small party at our house, just with a cake and a few presents (mostly balls...he's VERY big into balls), which turned out really nice & low-key...probably a lot better for Dillon in the long run, since he's still so little. It's funny, but Dillon seems like a baby to me still, much more so than Noah did when he turned 1. Maybe because Noah was talking more at this age? Not sure. Dilly says a few things..."ball", "light", "apple", "Mama & Dada" and, of course, the requisite "bu" for boob. However, he is very expressive with his facial expressions, pointing, etc. He gets his point across. So here are some pictures of his birthday and the trip to the zoo we took the Saturday afterward. Enjoy!
Dillon "dorkyface" Doss

Vogue, baby. Strike a pose.

The balloons were a huge hit.... close competition to the presents! We probably could have just bought him balloons and he would've been happy as a clam.

"Dorkyface" II

"Ahh, the exctasy of being me."

The cake, from Cold Stone.

"I don't know about this....pretty cold and kinda gross."

"Oh God, my hands, my hands!" (He was actually very disturbed about having the cake & icecream all over his hands, & started crying as he held them up to me, as if to say "wash me up!")

The requisite 1st birthday mess

"Mom, must we do this in the kitchen sink?"

One of the birthday balls

Young cuteness

Ride that tiger!

The circle of life: Noah is amused by the seal, Dillon is amused by Noah.

Blue eyed boy.

8 comments:

King Freddy said...

Ha! I like the green frog bathrobe. Dillon looks mightily pleased to be wearing it, and rightly so. I wish they made them in my size.

Babylove said...

What a cutie, I know how that is w/ the Jan baby. My 5th's b'day is on the 4th. We rarely ever manange to get any family over for her party since they're all "over" the party thing. Funny how some of them talk so much slower too, I don't mind it though, less for the arguing. If U can believe it my 6th still can't say "mama" he calls me "daddu"

crazynik said...

Aww he's such a doll. I miss him. Tell him his Auntie sends him a big hug and kiss. xxx

Jabberwocky said...

I'm inline with Freddy. The frog robe is hillarious, and also, quite fashionable. Dill pickle is ADORABLE. you must have more, my dear. :)

Dossy and Bossy said...

Freddie, I will search out a green frog bathrobe for you. Babylove, I still can't get over the fact that you have 6 kids. You know ALL about it. I laughed over the "daddu".
Nik, thanks hon. Hoping job hunting goes well.
Adr: Thank you, you're always so encouraging. ILY haney!

Amber said...

he gets cuter and cuter! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Wow. He looks like he enjoyed his birthday! I put his birthday on my calendar so it will tell me when it is next year and maybe I can actually send him something!

Michelle said...

the pickle is the cutest!love you lots

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.