Friday, February 4, 2011

The Snow Day

We got SNOW! FINALLY! We've been having below zero weather for days now...it's gotten down to about 4 or 5 degrees at night sometimes, which for those in Japan is about -15...anyway, we finally got snow!! I was so excited that I stayed way up past my usual bed time just watching it. I felt like the snow sentinel...if I watched it, it wouldn't stop snowing and we would have a nice little blanket of snow in the A.M. And we did!! I took the kids out to play in it, and they had a pretty good time. Then Noah started throwing snowballs at Dilly, who immediately began screaming because snow got on him, and then Zoe started crying because her hands were cold (you know, that painful cold that you get when you've been in snow), so I took her in. Then Dilly was crying about his hands too, and they both screamed merrily in the house for about 10 minutes straight. It was quite humourous and I laughed.
Anyway, enough about my stress free life and wonderful children; here are the pictures (mobile uploads) that Jeff sent home. Alas, I have no camera to record the winter wonderland, because my dear husband took my van to work this A.M with cameras inside. Oh well.
Enjoy!




3 comments:

Jabberwocky said...

haha... I can just picture the screaming childrens. YAY for snow! We're toasting here in cali.. a nice balmy 70 degrees today... hehe

Tory said...

yay for snow!
it's been plenty cold down here, (For Cuernavaca) But it has also been dry. very, very dry. There isn't even any sow up high in the mountains!

James Rudow said...

You are such a power-mom... able to laugh in those intense moments. Glad you got to see that white stuff. We've only had a little here this year.
Muah... love to all.

About Me

I was born and raised in Japan and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I met my husband in California and we moved to Texas 9 years ago. We have lived in El Paso and Hewitt (near Waco). We are blessed with three beautiful children, Noah, Dillon and Zoe. I am currently an undergraduate at Baylor University majoring in Social Work.